čtvrtek 28. srpna 2014

After 15 days - the first compare and experiencies

I’m thinking where to start I’ll probably start comparing some different things between Czech and US. Everybody here use their cars. Seriously cars are everywhere and the most interesting thing is that there are a lot of trucks (you know big pick-ups). The majority of cars only have one person! It’s totally different from Czech. We have a really good system of public transport and when we want to go somewhere with friends we only make decision where, when and we take train or bus and we go there anytime we want without our parents help. Here until you have a driving license you must ask your parents (or friends who have) for help. But on the other hand you need car here because the distances are pretty long and the gas is cheaper.

Now a few words about the weather – It’s pretty hard for European to get used to it. Every day there is a hot weather. It doesn’t matter what time a day or it’s rainy weather, it is still hot. I usually run in a gym but I ran outside too and it was more exacting. Thank goodness has this country air-conditioning! Everywhere there are air-conditionings. You usually go from building to building with air-conditioning to avoid the heat. Another way to stay cold is ice. Every drink there has ice! You can also buy ice in shops along the roads!

Eating – The first difference is that the main meal in the US is dinner not lunch, like in Czech. People here eat more fast-foods. Actually when you say fast-food in Czech everyone just imagines McDonalds and KFC. Here, there are a lot of kinds of fast-foods and they cook really good meals which are tasty and look healthy (I hope there are too). Nobody here has problems with eating in fast-food restaurants. A meal cost usually from 7-10 bucks and is filling. I really like Whataburger, Panda, Chicken-fil,… but I haven’t been in US McDonalds yet. I think I must improve it… In my family host-mom cooks I think normal kitchen which hasn’t any absolutely exotic tastes so I like these foods too! (I must exercise more often or I’ll come back with other 10 kg…) The last thing what I want to say is BBQ sauce! In Texas you eat this sauce with almost every meal! *nom* I’m a “sweet Baby Rays” fan.

When I came to Texas I was really fascinated about the people here! They are friendly. They have time for each other and they are able to talk with each other even with people they hardly know. It’s actually really nice. I don’t know why random people in Czech for example in shop don’t ask you: “how are you?” or something like that. In any case when I visit some public place I have to talk about where I am from and yeah this is nice. You don’t have the feeling you’re alone or you are a problem for other people. Sometimes when I go to shop in Czech I have the feeling that I’m burden to people who wants sell me something… People here are really proud that they are Texans (not US). They say we speak Texans not English and often use y’all [jo:l] (you all) :D


People here are so friendly my family can’t be different. I feel in this family like a member not like an exchange student which is totally great! I’m glad I’m in smart family. Because host mum is debate teacher (so everyone is encouraged to debate) you can say your opinion and they are good with your opinion even when it’s different then their. They could see things from different views and they help me with English because they often talk and debate with me. What is most important they have patience which is necessary when they talk with me. It’s true when you learn language in friendly and non-stressful place it’s easier than in school in CZ where everything has mark. 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat